Thursday, July 31, 2014

So fast

Mommy blogging is like wading through a sea of clichés. I can no more escape it than a house of boys can escape pee. And I am now looking into the face of PRE-SCHOOL. I am both holding my Ben’s hand as he cautiously faces this massive change to come, and also gently swaying in his wake as he bravely marches forward into his new building, his new sand box, his new Big Boy world. [Ben actually says to me now that he does or doesn’t do things because he is a Big Boy.] A and I each took him to pre-school for a practice morning this week, in anticipation of his start later in August (French language Montessori school). I felt that classic heart swell watching him learning, earnest, focused. You could tell he was chuffed, and the Madames in the class seemed pleased. Ben, his moms, the people who love him, we’re all on this suddenly super fast charging train of pride, Ben’s growing up happening rapid fire this summer. First dressing himself, his ever more expressive vocabulary, potty training, then this. We were going to throw a single bed into the mix but haven’t summoned the will yet. I suppose it’s normal, that kids evolve in such a way most of the time that you only notice change when you haven’t seen them in a while; but then suddenly, they have quantum leaps that knock you over and leave you feeling dizzy and lost. No wonder he and his moms are having trouble sleeping, having nightmares and other crazy dreams. All change brings gifts and costs.

E

1 comment:

Please be respectful when leaving comments. You know what to do :)