Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bedtime boobie blues


You really don’t want it? It’s your magic elixir, to nourish and sustain you, to keep you safe. It’s the best of me. Less and less these days, no day-time feeds, and now tonight, nothing. Not a drop. My heart is aching. I know it’s not personal, and I am so proud of your growing 14 month old self. You are adventurous and funny and brave. Lately you’ve become a huggy, cuddly guy too, so very appreciated. You roll with it so often, our second-child neglect, an elder brother’s ministrations, the many bumps in your gung-ho day. I know you are your own person, heading straight into the arms of Life, but are you so ready to leave our little nursing nest? Don’t you crave that succour after your busy day? You turned away in disdain from mother’s milk this evening, told me to give you your dragon and put you to bed. Oh Daniel, I’m not sure I’M ready. I’ve got your back little man, but please don’t leave me behind…

E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful when leaving comments. You know what to do :)